Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crocodile Farm Hotel - Ashfield

Crocodile Farm Hotel in Ashfield was renovated about a year ago. Previously it looked more like a local pub serving more beer than food. With a modern look and a revamped dining area, we decided to go give their $10 Rump Steaks ago.

Strangely enough, when we got there, both me and my friend got lured by the Sirloin Steak and paid a little extra for our meal.

Sirloin with mash potato & steamed vegetables - $16


The Sirloin was cooked to perfection, but for the extra money we paid, I didn't really notice a huge difference in quality. I guess I'm not much of a steak eater and really don't know my cuts of meats well. I think next time I'm going to try the $10 rump and compare.

Both us had decided to be "healthy" and ordered steamed vegetables with our steak. Big mistake because we were both secretly craving chips!!! Since the nice was young, we ordered a serve of wedges to snack on whilst we sat and chatted.

Wedges with Sweet Chilli and sour cream - $7

The dining area is very comfortable and relaxing, allowing you to sit back, chillax and catch up with your friends. Certainly a huge improvement since the renovation! And considering its situated right outside Ashfield Mall, a good place to relax after shopping. And if you're lucky, you should get free parking in the shopping centre without much issue.

Crocodile Farm Hotel
262 Liverpool Road
Ashfield NSW 2131
(Ph) 02 9799 6010
http://www.crocodilefarmhotel.com.au

No comments: