Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Cheesecake Factory

One of the days in Houston, me and my friend decided to head to The Galleria for a bout of shopping. The minute the cab pulled up the front, I screamed "OMG! THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!!". The plan was to hit the shops and work up a serious appetite before coming back!

And boy was I glad we did! The menu was huge! I was half way through the menu when the waitress came back to take our order. I'm in hysterics going "OMG! The menu is so big, I feel like I'm reading Lord of the Rings! And I haven't even gotten to the cheesecakes yet!". She decided to give me another 10mins. Good thing...cos I got stuck at the cheesecake section! SO many choices!!!


I opted for an apptetizer, to save room for the cheesecake. So I ordered a chicken quesadilla and out came this monster.


This was huge! I was seriously struggling to finish this without all the salsa and sides. By the time I was done with this, I wasn't sure I could fit in a cheesecake. BUT. MUST. EAT. CHEESECAKE.

White chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake

This was sooo decadant yet not overly rich as the sweet and sour raspberry gave my tastebuds a bit of relief. The only thing I couldn't stomach was the cream.

That's A LOT OF CREAM PEOPLE!!!!

Chocolate oreo mudslide cheesecake - My takeaway goodie!

Original Strawberry cheesecake

I tried my friends strawberry cheesecake and had cheesecake envy! It was incredibly light and fluffy! I'm definitely ordering this next time!

And of course there is a next time! We dragged a few friends with us so we could go back for cheesecake!



YOU. ARE. MINE.

Frozen Iced Mango with a swirl of raspberry

Having eaten at the Cheesecake factory before, I knew I had to be very careful with my lunch selection to make sure I still had room in my stomach for dessert!

Crabcake sandwich

Jackpot! Delicious and a good size!



One of the better crabcake sandwiches I've had!

"Lunch size" serving of Meatloaf

"Lunch size" serving of shepherds pie

"Lunch size" fish and chips...with 3 fillets of fish

Someone was smart and got finger food - Stuffed mushrooms

Keylime cheesecake and Fresh Strawberry cheesecake to share

Since the Cheescake Factory virgins loved the food so much, we had to go back a third time! haha

Spicy Ahi Tempura rolls

Buffalo wings - Appetizer size

I've truely realised at this stage that I DON'T like buffalo wings. My taste buds seriously object to the vinegary taste of the buffalo wings. I'd much prefer a sweet and spicy wing, than a sour and spicy wing. It looks like most of us Aussies didn't enjoy this dish either. I much prefer the honey soy wings I make.

"Lunch Size" Spaghetti Arribiata

If I got served this in Sydney, I would've went "Wow! The restaurant is quite generous with their serving size!". Except this was supposed to be a 1/2 portion / Lunch size. I'd be scared to see normal size.

Roadside Sliders

I fully cracked up laughing when this was delivered! Check out the description of these sliders under the appetizer section:

Bite-sized Burgers on Mini-Buns Served with Grilled Onions, Pickles and Ketchup

HA! Bite-sized my butt. These were the size of Maccas cheeseburgers! hahaha

Lemon raspberry cream cheesecake

Fresh Strawberry cheesecake - My favourite!

Lemoncello cream torte

Chocolate peanut butter cookie dough cheesecake

2 comments:

Karen said...

why can't Australia have serving size like these? So many times I've ordered something and felt dissapointed and ripped off because the size did not reflect the price I paid for the meal.

SoRMuiJAi said...

Very true! But I'm kinda glad we don't......I don't think my waist can take anymore texas sized meals!! haha