Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bistro CBD - Fixed Rate Feast

Part of the Sydney Festival is a special deal at a number of restaurants for lunch. I had originally chosen to go Wild Fire with a friend, but they were renovating only week we could both make it. So we picked something a bit closer to work, the 1 hat Bistro CBD. The Sydney Festival Special was for an oven roasted spatchcock and a drink for $25. When I went to their website, I saw a Fix Rate Feast special. 2 courses for $30, or 3 courses for $40. Since I didn't want to drink that day, I opted to pay a little extra and have 2 courses instead.

Wholegrain sour dough

Tian of Crab, avocado, herb salad and citrus chilli dressing

I didn't taste any chilli in the dressing, but it was a nice dish overall. I just wished it was more citrusy!

Duck Sausage with pickled red cabbage and pea puree

I ordered the duck sausage, and whilst it was really nice, I'm not sure having this in a 1 Hat restaurant was any different from what I can get at a quality butcher. I was certainly stuffed to the brim after eating this though!

Salmon with parsnip skordalia, spinach and pomegranate dressing

The Salmon was cooked to perfection. The skin was ultra crispy, and all I wanted to do was peel the whole piece off and eat it like a potato chip! Except it would've been weird AND rude if I reached over the table and took the whole piece of skin from my friend's plate!

Bistro CBD
Level 1, 52 King St
Sydney
+612 8297 7010

http://www.merivale.com

Fixed Rate Special
2 courses for $30
3 courses for $40

No comments: