Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Breakfast tagine wannabe for... dinner?

I was reorganising my photos when I stumbled across these photos. I can't even remember which blog I was reading when I saw the most lucious looking breakfast tagine. It looked so good, I couldn't stop obessing over it for days. After a few days, I succumbed to my cravings and cooked this breakfast tagine like dish for dinner.

It was really simple to make and so satisfying. I browned some slices of chorizo in a pan, and then tossed in some sliced onion and capsicum to let them soften in the chorizo oil. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 fresh chopped tomato. A dash of paprika and saffron with lots of cracked pepper. I let it simmer for awhile to let the flavours developed (and basically let the veggies cooked to the softness I wanted), I made a few wells in the mixture and cracked an egg into each. Lid on and flames low to let the eggs slowly poach/steam.


Serve with plenty of cracked pepper on the eggs and a big roll of crusty bread. Oh, and some shredded cheese if you want.


I love how soft and wobbly the eggs are in this photo. They had JUST set and the yolk was sooooo runny and lucious!

No comments: