Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 4 - Cycling at East Coast

Its been a good 10-15 years since I've been on a bike. But they're right in saying that you'll never forget how to cycle. Mind you, it didn't seem like that the first 2mins I got onto the bike. I narrowly missed crashing into a tree, and almost plowed my nephew over. But within 15mins, I was racing him down the bike track at East Coast, whilst my niece was trailing behind us asking us to slow down.




My sister, on the other hand, was breaking her back trying to teach my youngest nephew how to cycle without his training wheels.


I'm so proud of him!! It took him about 30mins to start cycling on his own! The rest of the time was spent trying to steer, start and brake. He didn't really get the braking down pat, and opted to crash land every time he wanted to stop. Hehehe

We cycled for 2 hours before lunch. t was my niece's special lunch day where she can eat all the gluten, dairy and egg that she wants. She gets 2 of these meals a week, so for today's meal, it had to be Maccas. One thing I love about Singapore Maccas is their fried chicken. Yes I know.... but their fried chicken is really really good! There's probably as many people eating Maccas chicken as they do KFC chicken.

As the kids scoffed down their Maccas meal, me and my sister had a light snack before dragging them to Subway with us.

After Subway, the plan was for the kids to go watch a movie with my sister whilst I went to Junction8 to do more shopping. They actually missed the movie, which turned out to be a good thing considering my sister had to prepare a whole heap of stuff before we went to Vietnam.

Since we knew we were going to be eating out every night in Vietnam, we decided to make our comfort detox soup for dinner.


Our "detox" soup usually involves a HEAP of veggies (About 80% is all veggies). Almost always have to have wongabok, mushrooms and mince. We also add a bit of fish balls and other types of veggies. This time we also added some sliced fish and topped it with fried onions.

No comments: