Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies

Because of my Niece's intolerence to gluten, dairy and eggs, I've been obsessed with finding recipes that don't require 20 odd ingredients just to make something half decent and edible. I eventually stumbled across the world's easiest peanut butter cookies. Actually, easiest cookies ever. Unless you are cutting the dough from a tube.

Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
1 cup sugar
1 egg (Chicken or duck)

That's it. Mix all ingredients together. Roll or spoon onto a baking sheet. Using a fork where the prongs have been dipped into sugar, press onto the cookie dough in a cross format. The granulated sugar will stop the fork from sticking to the dough and also gives it a crunchy top.

Pop into a preheated oven for 12-15mins on 180 degrees. Cool on a rack and enjoy.

You can spice the cookies up by adding extra nuts for more crunch. I also put about 1/2 - 2/3 of the sugar as I don't like my cookies so sweet.

MMMmmm cookies...

No comments: